Scope of Notice
What Are Cookies and Related Technologies
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer that allow us and our third-party partners and providers to collect certain information about your interactions with our email communications, websites and other online services. We and our third-party partners and providers may also use other, related technologies to collect this information, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”).
Types of Cookies We Use
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the essential operation of the Service such as to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of users and to see how users move around the Service. This helps us to improve the way the Service works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The service providers that we use to help us do this may enable us to set cookies on your device in order to collect information about your use of the Service. For instance, we may use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Service, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Service and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Third party cookies. Please be aware that advertisers and other third parties may use their own cookies tags when you click on an advertisement or link on the Service. These third parties are responsible for setting out their own cookie and privacy policies.
What We Collect When Using Cookies
Third-party partners and providers may also collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites and online services.
How We Use That Information
Your Choices About Cookies
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using our online services, as some features and services on our online services may not work properly. Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the “Help” option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
To learn more about Facebook’s practices, visit their cookies policy here.
Do Not Track Signals: Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser or mobile application at this time.
Updates to This Cookie Notice
We will update this Cookie Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Cookie Notice, we will change the "Last Updated" date at the beginning of this Notice. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on this website or our online services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Cookie Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
4550 Montgomery Ave, Suite 200N
Bethesda, MD 20814